Is it easy for you to define what you should be charging as a bookkeeper? Do you feel that charging hourly is not getting you anywhere? We understand you, as traditional accounting seems to be taking the fun out of a bookkeeping business, and also takes up too much time and money.
If you want to run your business efficiently, stay on top of projects and improve collaboration with team members, you might want to consider working in a cloud accounting tool. Here’s how to work faster, smarter and never ever feel overwhelmed when it comes to quoting.
The Main Flaws of Traditional Accounting
Manual accounting has a few disadvantages, such as:
– It is time-consuming;
– Human errors occur frequently, which results in incorrect financial records; and
– As records are available on paper only, there is a chance of losing or damaging them.
Overall, traditional accounting hinders growth as it is tiresome and mistakes occur often. This can affect your bookkeeping business in a negative manner due to customer dissatisfaction.
Benefits of Cloud-Based Accounting Software
Online accounting makes it convenient to use cloud-based software, such as Xero and QuickBooks, from any device that is connected to the Internet. Some of the reasons why you should consider either software is:
– Software is easy-accessible;
– All of your team members and advisors can access it at the same time;
– Data is backed up automatically;
– The cloud service provider manages upgrades, server failures and maintenance, which reduces upfront costs;
– Everything is straightforward, quick, scalable and set according to the needs of the user;
– No paperwork or data-entry means no errors or lost files;
– Your information is fully-secured;
– You retain a high level of control over the financial processes;
– It is time-effective; and
– You have numerous customisation options at your disposal.
Best thing of all? You can use BookkeeperQuote to provide your client with a quote within 30 minutes. BookeeperQuote integrates with QuickBooks and Xero and makes the process even easier for you as a bookkeeper and a client.
How Does BookkeeperQuote Work with Xero or QuickBooks?
– Creates a quote/estimate;
– Links a customer to a profile on Xero/QuickBooks; and
– From that moment on, clients will be updated on Xero/QuickBooks about any changes in quotes/estimates you make.
Reliable accounting software is the way to go if you can’t afford the luxury of losing time, money or clients. Xero and QuickBooks are totally worth investing in as you can use them for multiple operations – to create online reports, track your bank accounts, etc.
You won’t have to manually calculate quotes anymore either. Use the pricing app for quotes that value your time and experience in the right way (unlike hourly quotes). To give your clients even more confidence when working with you, get the most out of the newest technologies and cloud-based accounting software that will provide you all with peace of mind. Sign up to a 7 day free trial today!